Wednesday, July 3, 2013

..:Back from Asia:..

It's been a couple of days since we have been back from Asia. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime. We had soo much fun. We had many good moments and many tired moments too. Every day was an adventure for us. We did a ton of exploring, eating and absorbing it all in. His best moments were in Vietnam. I have to admit it was pretty fun there. My best moments were the days when we walked too long and he stopped to give me a push, a shoulder massage or insist on carrying my bag. All the little acts of kindness made each day overwhelmingly beautiful.
My cool rental outfit at the Grand Palace in Bangkok
Since we've been back, I still crave noodle soup and  all the delicious food we had there. However, being there does make one  appreciate how good we have it here. We had to be careful of the water and ice there. We brushed our teeth with drinking water only. Let me tell you, it smelled terrible almost everywhere we went in Bangkok. The only place that didn't smell bad were the malls!
Traveling through the Mekong Delta.
What we didn't do much of? We didn't do a lot of tours going out to the city. Why? Because we like city life. We also like to do thing on our own. Another thing I didn't enjoy but it was nearly unavoidable was being ripped off by vendors, taxis and people. As a tourists, it's bound to happen even if you speak the languages! We got ripped off riding the taxis. It was was too expensive! We got ripped off from a pad Thai vendor. He charged me 3x what he charged the lady before me. I tried to haggle for some t-shirts but they didn't care to go any lower. I walked away because I was not going to play 7-10 dollars for kids sized shirts. I am still angry about those shirts and I went to like ten different stalls that night. Urggh! 
Enjoying our last few days in Bangkok.
Enough negativity, what did we enjoy about Asia? The food! It was so fresh, good and inexpensive. The best foods were from the little stalls in the corner or ally. When we found a GOOD place, we went back to the same lady everyday. They serve in small serving and a lot of the times we order one bowl and shared it. We ate multiple times a day but all our sweating and walking must have equaled out because we didn't gain to much weight. We definitely lost some muscle mass though. We also really enjoyed the sky train in Bangkok. It is very easy to use and also very clean! 
Vietnamese coffee and broken rice for dinner.
The hotels we stayed at were pretty much like what we saw online. I am thankful for TripAdvisor. They were on the spot about all the hotels. It's true; all the beds in Asia are all hard! It was like I was sleeping on the floor! Even the Lebua's was quite firm. I have never missed my own bed soo much.
 
Now we're in Lancaster, PA visiting friends and family for two weeks before heading back home. Honey is working but I am free to write and relax.

Later because it's GYM time.
-Mo



No comments:

Post a Comment