Friday, November 11, 2011

.:Thinking about the Wedding:.

        Since the proposal, I have been thinking about the wedding alot! I have even starting researching even though we decided not to plan yet until after the holidays. I am excited yet I want to know how realistic it is to have a nice affordable wedding. I do not want to have a half-lame wedding (I use "lame" to describe alot of things that I don't like or care for)."  I can already start to see why people say it's overwhelming or why brides transform into "Bride-zillas." There is alot of options, alot of everything out there. The wedding industry is huge! And couples spend ALOT of money on their weddings. Everything adds up!
       I want to be reasonable about it all. In the midst of all this, I need to remember that this is about us. It's about celebrating our love with the most important people in our lives. This is why I want a small intimate wedding; maybe 50 people. One that will be about us. One filled with good food and drinks. One with lots of smiles, laughter and dancing. One that will celebrate who we are and our love. Small intimate weddings are hard to have in the Hmong culture. Hmong parents generally want to invite the whole clan, everyone from church, your cousin's cousin's kids... and so on. I can't have this. I have made it clear to my family that this can't happen for me, especially when thousands of dollars are involved. Plus, he is not Hmong. Simple as that.
      The Date? I have no idea. I know that it will have to be in the summertime because I do not want to start off the school year planning a wedding and using all my vacation days... this just isn't going to work. We have two friends getting married August 5th and August 16th, so July? That will leave us with 7 months to plan. I know this can be done and done well. But the date may change depending upon the venue, so it is open for discussion.

A couple of wants:
-I want the ceremony outside.
-I want Asian Food and Alcohol at the reception.
-I want lots of desserts; cake, cheesecakes, cupcakes and chocolates.
-I think the color scheme is Red and White. Debating about adding Green too.
-I have found a dress! And a Maid of Honor. The flowergirl is my niece.


-My friend is a pastor and can marry us! :)
-My friend's husband can DJ.
-I have a couple of friends who can take nice pictures!
-Two great friends who can share our love story of when we met.
-Probably will hire a friend to help me wedding plan.
-Everyone to have a good time!

**** I wish I can cater my own wedding! I would have all my favorites!!
Appetizers: Springrolls and Wings
Main Dish: Thit Kho over Rice, Curry, Bahn Cuon and Pad Thai
Dessert: the 4 C's = cake, cheesecakes, cupcakes and chocolates

      We have even discussed skipping all the hassle and settling for city hall. But we'll see. Either way, I am excited to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful man in the world. God has truly blessed me!!

*****************************************************************************

We love noodles! We would eat if everyday, if we could. If it was zero calories! Here is a simple pho soup dish we made on the fly with whatever ingredients we had in the fridge. That is how you know you can cook, when you make random things and it taste great! This turned out absolutely delicious! He is a pho-snob and he loved it!

Soak the rice noodles in warm water.

Water, pho beef paste & herbs, shrimp, baked chicken drumsticks, chili oil and garlic salt.

Garnish with fried onions and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment