Sunday, December 4, 2011

.Count Your Blessings:.

I am done student teaching! It was alot of work, yet I learned so much and had an amazing time at the school. I am truly blessed on so many levels. Thank you, God!

Honey has been in PA for two weeks now. I miss him. At first, I have to admit, it was kinda nice to catch up with friends and family alone... but now I'm feeling extra lonely.  He says "Why don't you go stay at your mom?" Because this is my home now. I like sleeping in my own bed... plus I have lots of writing to get caught up on. This week I will be going to my mom's almost everyday, but I am going to try not to stay too long. Otherwise I won't get anything done.

I am back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. It feels so good! I will still continue to diet and workout everyday though. It's a life style change. I'll probably diet and workout for the rest of my life. There is nothing wrong with that. The word "diet" has a negative connotation to it, when really it shouldn't be! People, there is nothing wrong with being on a diet! It just means you are aware of your health and want to change it!

My sisters and I get together occasionally to make dinner and catch up on life. We usually try to make something that we have not made before. This way we are all learning! I want to keep it a tradition. My mom feels that my sisters haven't learned much about cooking since they grew up having me cook all the time for them. I try to show my little sister whenever I am over at my mom's. I am definitely going to teach my daughter how to cook!

I can't believe it. My second youngest brother just turned 21 two days ago and my baby sister will be turning 14 this Thursday! Yikes! It's been such a long and concerned road. But it's not over yet. I will probably worry about them for the rest of my life. It's part of my role as the oldest sister!

********************************************************************

This is our Japanese Themed Dinner. 
We made Shrimp Udon Noodle Soup, Chicken & Vegetable Potstickers, Garlic Grilled Salmon, Turkey Fried Rice and Taro Buns. It was absolutely delicious! We were supposed to make Spicy Salmon Sushi Rolls, but I forgot to buy the Rice Vinegar. We didn't miss it at all because everything else was so good already!

Sister's Japanese Themed Dinner

Taro Buns

Fresh Grilled Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment