Sunday, August 18, 2013

..:the Hardest Secret I Had to Keep: I'm Pregnant:..

     Finally now that I am over my first trimester, I feel comfortable to announce it. It was the hardest secret I had to keep for 3 months! I did start to tell a few close friends and immediate family at about 10 weeks. Now I am at 14 weeks!
     I started to suspect it while we were finishing up our trip in Thailand. The two biggest signs was getting seasick riding the ferry to and from Phi Phi Island. I never get seasick, even riding on a small boat. Let me tell you the feeling was just terrible. I was dizzy, had a headache and of course worst of all, nausea! I ended up complaining, closing my eyes and napping during that 1.5 hour ride to Phi Phi. The second big sign was I was really really tired. I fell asleep easily and wanted to sleep forever! Luckily when we came back to the states, we stayed with the in-laws and I was able to sleep alot.
     We took a test in Thailand. The test was in Thai. The only English words that were on the instructions were Pregnant, Not-Pregnant and Invalid. Well that is all you really need to know right? Anyways the test was PREGNANT! How exciting! We both were very excited and happy!
     When I got back from Thailand to PA, the morning sickness symptoms started. It was not pretty and I did not feel pretty. I was not only sick in the mornings, but threw up a couple times, food smelled terrible and unsatisfying. Not to mention my face broke-out! I hardly ever get pimples and I did for those two weeks! I also had to start being careful about what I ate and drink. I had gained weight from our Asia trip. I wanted to lose it while I was in PA, but I knew I shouldn't be dieting while pregnant so the weight gain continued.
     I'm lucky to have such a loving and caring husband to help me get through morning sickness, so I didn't get all emotional like predicted to most women. We read it's good to sleep alot, have food/breakfast in bed and all sorts of other information that we needed/wanted to learn about being pregnant. He's definitely read alot more about health and nutrition about pregnant women than I have.
     We get to find out the sex of the baby in a few weeks. How exciting! We both decided we just want a healthy baby. We didn't have a preference of the sex. However, we know deep deep down inside women want a little girl to dress up and men want a boy to continue their family name. Boy or Girl, we just want healthy. I have been so nervous the past 3 months about the baby developing well and if things were on track. I even considered buying a Fetal Doppler so I can check for the baby's heartbeat everyday! I was so happy to hear the baby's heartbeat at week 13!
     Already I am 5 pounds heavier than my normal weight. Yes, it's true women's weight fluctuate alot, but I am quite sure these 5 pounds are here to stay. It's tricky because is it weight from pregnancy or some from my Asia vacation. I am nervous about the amount of weight gain that will happen. I read 25-35 pounds is normal or normal weight women. That seems like so much! I want to be careful for health reasons and also for body change reasons too!

I have made several this summer already!
     I have not had many cravings, but certain food does tasted better and sit better in my tummy. There are certain food that I notice I do not enjoy so much anymore. For example, I use to love love chocolate and now chocolate taste bitter and unsatisfying to me. I've probably only had on real craving so far, which was a bowl of simple Chicken Pho. I ended up going to my mom's and making some to eat. It had to be made with farm raised chicken! With hardly any cravings; how did I gain so much weight already? It's because I am eating alot more carbs than normal. I am also eating about 5-7 meals a day. I am eating things like rice, bagels, bread, and pancakes (Yes, normal people food). I am eating them for nutritional value and also when I don't eat every 2-3 hours, I get nausea. I always have to pack a snack or be thinking of my next meal.
     Now that I am in my second trimester, I do feel alot better. Perfect timing because I also started wo
rk. I hope to continue to eat well and gain weight gradually (which is what is recommended). I have yet to experience this "pregnancy glow" that everyone talks about. I have yet to have the BUMP. Right now I just look and feel bloated all the time! It has not been pretty! I also packed away 4 suitcases full of clothes that I know I will not be able to wear. That includes party dresses, skinny jeans, button down work shirts and skirts. Life is already changing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment