Monday, November 4, 2013

..:Blood Glucose Fail:..

Oh lord! I didn't pass my 1 hour blood glucose test!

I was sure I was going to pass today. I decided to eat low carb today. I didn't have any obvious carbs like bread or rice. The banana I had today has the most amount of carbs today, which was around 37 grams of carbs. I tested at 150! Passing is 135 or below. I asked the nurse if it mattered that I barely ate any carbs today. She replied that I need to need my carbs to offset the sweet drink. It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't eating more carbs, make my glucose level alot higher? I'm not sure if she knew what she was talking about. But she did say that I need the carbs!

Anyways, she gave me an info sheet stating that I need to eat 150 grams of carbs for 3 days before my next test. The next test is going to be 3 hours. There will be a blood sample taken at the first, second and then the third hour. How will I survive? I was feeling nausea today 10 minutes after today's dextrose drink. Yuck!

Honey spent a good amount of time looking up if it mattered. I guess it turns out low-carb diets create false positive results. So I'll eat the 150 grams of carbs for 3 days and see what happens this Saturday at my next test. How stressful! I'm definitely calling my Healthy Start Nurse tomorrow and asking her!

I don't want to have gestational diabetes. It'll be more managing my "diet" and monitoring my blood levels everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment