Tuesday, May 20, 2014

...:Confessions of a Breast Feeding Mom:...

I have to admit the following:


#1 I want to quit!
Medela parts
#2 I want my body back. I want to feel like I own my body again. It’s been nearly a year since my body was mine. If I were to have another child and EBF too; it’ll be over 4 years of giving up my body.
#3 I am tired of washing and cleaning pump parts! My hands are so dry and I hate putting on lotion now.
#4 My boobs are huge and I feel unattractive at the moment.
#5 When my boobs are engorged, I am angry. Pumping them becomes top priority and I become a mean person.
#6 I can’t enjoy a glass or wine without guilt of wasting milk.
#7 When I work pass the guiltiness and try to enjoy a glass of wine, it just makes me sleepy and I end up falling asleep instead of enjoying it.
#8 Even if my princess sleeps more than 4 hours (which she is starting to sleep 4-5 hours now), my boobs do not let me. Milk drips and makes a mess. I hate wasting milk.
#9 I can’t diet. I feel like I am still pregnant. I have not lost all my baby weight yet. I feel guilty that I am thinking about my physical self. I can’t diet or workout hardcore because I had a c-section and I don’t want to loose my milk supply. Even though, I know nursing will bring to supply back up.
#10 I hate wearing clothes, especially bras! I fear leakage!
#11 Plus more......



There are more complaints about BF than there are joys, but the joys triumphs over  the complaints.


I continue to BF because the the following few reasons:
#1 It is healthiest for my child.
#2 There is a strong bond between mommy and child. I love the feeling of being able to provide her with the nutrients that she needs to sustain life. I love the feeling of her needing me. And I have to admit the feeling of releasing the tension feels good too. The feeling that she needs me is beyond words.
#3 Breastmilk is cheaper… even though I am skeptical about it since my Medela Breast Pump was $250, which does not include cream, pads, wipes, bags and other accessories needed.
#4 No periods!!


These 4 simple reasons are so much more important that all my 9 + complaints. Even though I want to give up, I know I won’t do it. The maternal instincts in my will not allow myself to give up.


How long will I BF for?
Love beyond words
I have been storing milk and over producing (which is a good thing in my book). I plan to continue to stimulate my breast and over produce. I want to stop when she is close to 12 months and just use the frozen milk from there. What I did to increase my supply was drink alot of water, ate (still eating) more calories, pump every 3-4 hours and nurse every chance I get even if it’s only been an hour since I pumped. Every night I take out frozen milk for my husband to give her during the day while I am at work and leave the newly expressed milk that I just pumped the morning of.


Breakfast made by my hubby
Mother’s Day
I had my first Mother’s Day. All I wanted and asked for was to enjoy a few simple things in life. I don’t need a diamond upgrade, a spa treatments or anything expensive…. What I wanted was a bit more sleep and breakfast in bed. I ended up having a glass of wine and a few slices of cheese Saturday night. My husband woke up to feed her while I woke up to pump and dump. My husband made us french toast, bacon sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast. It was delicious and I enjoyed every second of Mother’s Day with my two loves.




No comments:

Post a Comment