Tuesday, June 7, 2016

..:Research in order to make good decisions:..

SAHM Day #4

This Stay at Home Mom thing is new for me. I don't know very many SAHMs and there are none in my immediate circle... So I did the research on how to be the best SAHM. I want to be well informed and make the best of my time with my babies... So here is the best article so far that gave some very good tips:


I particularly love #10.

"10. Show love everyday. The most important thing in my opinion, and it goes for everyone, not just stay at home moms, is to show your love for one another. I think that when you show love to your family it makes it easier for them to show love in return, which equals happiness. Hug them, kiss them, cuddle them. Make them know that they are loved everyday!"

As far as a schedule goes, here's what I am thinking for now. It'll change when Baby Julian arrives.

6-8 AM: Wake-up, Bathroom, Breakfast, Clean-up
8-9 AM: Play Time, Reading Time
9-10 AM: Outside Time, Learning and Observing Outdoors
10-11 AM: Independent Play while I make lunch
11-12 PM: Lunch, Clean-up, Daddy Lunch Time
12- 2 PM: Nap Routine, Emma's Nap Time, Mommy Time
2-3 PM: Quiet and Snack Time
3-4 PM: Puzzles / Learning Manipulatives
4-5 PM: Free Time (Play with mommy then Independent Play Time)
5-6 PM: Outside Time
6-8: Dinner, Play Time, Clean-up Time
8-8:30: Quiet Time, Bath & Bedtime Routine

- I also want to point out that there are so many learning opportunities throughout the day that perhaps for right now, there isn't a need to have sit-down lessons. Perhaps not until Julian comes along anyways. 

Today's accomplishment: She went down for her nap without a diaper and it was a success! The key is to have an earlier lunch, so she isn't drinking liquids too close to her nap time. 

These are our "Learning Puzzles." We play these once a day for about 10-15 minutes depending upon how much she can handle. Our focus on letters, counting and colors. There are four main "puzzles," but only 3 are in the picture above (2 alphabet puzzles, on peg and one not, and a Hape Counting Stacker). The 4th "Learning Puzzle" is a stacking pyramid play set. We started playing with them last summer. She didn't have much patience and had a difficult time matching up the puzzles. But now that she is older, she is much better at it and can match nearly all the pieces up! She can say many of the words and match them the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment