Tuesday, January 11, 2011

.:Running:.

Running, I have never been good at it. I remember the mile runs in grade school and how awful it was. How awful I was at it. People tell me and I have even read about it "anyone can run" just train your mind and body. So for the past year I have been trying. For the past 3 years I have wanted to run a 5K, but been too scared of not crossing that finish line. Today was my first day back on the treadmill in over two weeks. My body felt super heavy and I had to really push myself. I didn't run for the whole 60minutes. I was only able to do 20min, speed-walk 20min and ten run another 20min. I gained three lbs over the holiday break and I feel totally depressed. It was so hard for me to loose the two lbs to get down to 115.. And now I gotta do it over again! I never realized how emotionally draining it is to feel "fat" again.So this week, I am eating fruits and protein shake for lunch, tuna/chicken along with a salad and fruit for dinner. This is roughly about 1,100 calories. To be honest, this is very hard to do. Yesterday I was good, but today I cheated and ate a big cookie. I read that if you tell yourself "no," then you'll mostly not give in. So I am going to have to tell myself "NO!!" This week I am alternating my cardio and weight days. Starting next week I will just do cardio and then get back to weights/cardio. This is purposely done to focus more on training myself to run.


Check out this article about Diet Myths:
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/15-worst-health-diet-myths


Enough about my diet and workouts... What else is new?
-Playing Kinect: It's fun... Duong's so good at it. My living room has been re-arranged to be "Kinect Friendly."
-Winter Trimester started the past weekend. I have classes from 8-12pm and then again 1-5pm on Saturdays! Busy, eh?! I feel like I have been in school forever! If I could turn back time, I would have just gone straight into Education. But it's okay... I really really want to be an elementary teacher!! 
-My HS girlfriends and I are visiting Laura this weekend in Rochester. We haven't seen each other in about a month... It's always so fun when we are together! I'm thinking about making sweet pork this weekend for the occasion. I just know we are going to drink and eat bad... :( I'll try super hard to control myself.. otherwise it's another weekend that ruined that weekdays of dieting and workouts... 

No comments:

Post a Comment