Monday, January 21, 2013

..:If your world suddenly became dark:..

My heart, mind and body has not been normal since last Monday. My mother has been very sick. Her MS is taking over more and more parts of her body. We are having a hard time adjusting... Even though it's been 20 something years... I suppose there is no acceptance or getting use to being sick! It's hard to see someone you love so much be in pain and hurting everyday. I know it's much harder for my dear mother.

This terrible disease has threatened my mother's only one good eye... Now she's blind. I couldn't imagine going to sleep one night and then waking up to darkness the next morning. How devastating!! It hurts... But us kids we need to be strong and be there for her. I know she is hurting much more... even more physical more than ever because she has been at the hospital for a week now.. getting tests done, needles poked and the most hardest of all.... the loneliness!

Dear God,
I know it's not her time yet... So can she just have some peace for a while. She already can't walk, MUST you take her vision too! I am having a hard time keeping the faith...  
Sincerely,
-Mo

I don't know what else to do. We have to think of all the possibilities.. If her vision is not spared, what are our options? My mother is going to need more care. These are the type of conversations my siblings and I will need to have. Who will have to give up their job/career?

I am very thankful that I have such great siblings who all care about my mother just as much as I do. They are so very strong and we all have spent a great number of resources and time with her.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your mother is going through a tough time. I'm glad her vision has improved. Know that your mother, you and your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong. Know that I am here to talk, listen or help in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lia! As we grow older and become more mature; our parent also do too. Sometimes I forget that they are not going to be here forever (and we are not too).
      -Mo

      Delete
  2. you're in my thoughts mo. i am sorry to hear what your family has been going through. your mom is one strong being. i know with God on her side she will make it through. you all are such beautiful children, being there for her and comforting her. that is all a mother needs! hugs**** love u hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy for the prayers and the kind words!

      Delete