Tuesday, March 5, 2013

..:Snow Day Reflections:..

Having the day off was great! I got to do some research about our summer trip. Catch up on some emails and of course BLOG!!

My mother is feeling better. Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and sending her positive vibes! Some of her vision in her "good eye" returned so she is able to see. It's still frightening to know that she will eventually go blind. My siblings and I have been trying to spend extra time with her... We have been talking about taking her somewhere nice and just spending a week together. I know my mother would enjoy that very much! I'd also like to hire a photographer to capture some of these moments while we are on this family vacation too. As much as I'd rather wait til I have a little one to also be a part of this memory, I am unsure if my mom's vision will still be there. I can't think about myself during these times.

Lately, I have been questioning my profession. I'm sure it's just a first-year-teacher's-feelings, but it's been difficult. I have good and bad days... However, lately it's been many more bad days than good days. I've been stressed about assessments, social/ emotional situations and lessons! I do try to stay positive by reminding myself why I took this route. I know why I am here (in my heart), but sometimes in my mind it isn't logical and not going to work. I really wish teachers were more appreciated and valued here in America. Our nation is behind in Education because we don't value education and it doesn't come first!! Seriously sports and entertainment comes first in America!


I have excellent news! My sister had her son almost two weeks ago. He was a beautiful, healthy seven pound baby boy named Austin. I'm so proud of her for going through labor. She is so strong. From the details she told me, I am scared to have a child. My desire to have children or at least the number of children has significantly decreased over the past five years. I went from desiring five children to now satisfied with just one! :)


I can not wait for June to arrive! Honey and I will be spending 3 weeks in Thailand and Vietnam. It's alot of work researching and planning, but it'll all be worth it. I can't wait to eat from the street vendors, shop at the night markets, sip on drinks on the rooftops in Bangkok, visit temples, eat fresh seafood at the beach and devour PHO in honey's homeland!! What else is special about this trip!!? It'll be my 28th birthday and our one-year wedding anniversary... We will definitely be celebrating it!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so hpapy to hear ur mom is doing so much better! praise God!!! and congrats on being a auntie again! babies are such blessings. i wanna have tons. lol. hopefully u will get that chance someday cuz i see u and ur husband will be great parents! have fun on ur trip if i don't hear from u soon :D

    ReplyDelete