Wednesday, January 4, 2012

.:Finding a Venue:.

Planning a wedding in Lancaster, PA from our home in Minnesota sure is confusing and nerve racking. I have been looking at venue for a couple of days now and even wrote to several place to inquire about their wedding packages and prices. It's so expensive! Rental fee ranges from nearly $3,000 to $7,000. I am freaking out because we don't have a venue. I can't chose a venue because I can't go see it in person, who I am nervous about booking it without seeing it. I also want Asian food at my wedding and all of these places are "American foods." Ideally, I would just rather book an Asian restaurant and pay for decorating. But then Asian restaurant websites are wedding detail friendly... So after much thought and careful consideration.


Okay, so here is the wedding planning update:
1. I want a small and intimate backyard wedding with games, good food (Asian food!) and drinks. Probably 50ish people.
2. We are going to do it Sat, July 21st in Lancaster. Ceremony at his parent's and then reception at his aunt's. We are going to rent a tent for the reception. I was also thinking why have a summer wedding, if I am not going to be outside. I want to be outside! We also decided on this date because we have a wedding to attend in NJ Aug. 5th so it'll be when we get back from our honeymoon too. I can't have it after cause work will start Mid Aug for teacher trainings.
3. We decided on this because of the expensive venue rentals and then having to pay for a wedding planner since we are planning from afar (and paying the dowry). All the venues (cept for the Asian restaurants cater American food out in Lancaster). We also want to go on our honeymoon the day after the wedding.
4. It's not going to be extra fancy, so I hope you all will still attend! It's going to be a beach theme wedding with seashells.... so semi formal wear like khakis and summer dresses! BUT it will still be nice and extra cute!
5. Bachelorette party will be in Philly Thursday or Friday before the wedding.



Inspired by the following wedding posts: 
1.  http://www.younghouselove.com/wedding-album/
2.  http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/budget-savvy-bride-smaid-planning-a-backyard-wedding


The downside is that I have to be extra picky about my guestlist... which no everyone will travel anyways... so perhaps it works out!??

No comments:

Post a Comment