Tuesday, January 17, 2012

..:The WOW Factor Does Exist:..

The WOW factor does exist.

I found my dress at the Wedding Shoppe on Grand in St. Paul! I never thought I would love a dress this much. 

When I got there, the constutant asked me what I like. I told her I like ruffles, beads and lace; all in one. She said, "Wow, you like everything. You want it all." I started to describe what I saw so far and was considering buying at the other shop. She told me that there is a new dress that she thinks I might like. 

She put the dress on me. My friend, Kat, was talking to me so I had my head turned away from the mirror. She gasped and said something along the lines of, "OMG, this dress is gorgeous!!" I turned to look in the mirror. I eyes widened and I immediately fell in love. The dress was gorgeous! It had everything on it, plus more. There were flowers and feathers on the dress too. 

"This gown features a defined sweetheart neckline and a dropped waist bodice adorned with delicate lace applique, embroidery and Swarovski crystals. The skirt features soft ruffles throughout."  -Allure Bridals 






But then I looked at the price and nearly fainted. It was way out of my budget. The consultant told me not to worry and that it was in my budget... There was a story to the dress as to why it was at their shop; when it's not suppose to hit the wedding shops until Spring 2012.What happened was the Wedding Shoppe ordered it for the fashion show the past wkend (true, there was a Wedding Fair at the Convention Center). The dress didn't fit the model, so they used a different dress for the fashion show and decided to try to sell it.


I thought they were pulling my leg, until I got home and googled the dress! 
I got to take it home (which if I bought a different dress, it would not come til end of june!). No more waiting for me! It's a bit loose around the hips, so I'll probably get it taken in and hemmed at the bottom.

I was jittery and so nervous about buying it! I sat in it for about half an hour... debating. It was a bit more expensive and fancier than I originally thought I would spend, I put the other one that was my first choice from a different shop on and it felt so plain. I couldn't pass up the dress! 


Lucky gal I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment