Saturday, January 14, 2012

...:Our Perfect Wedding Theme:..

Selecting a theme for the wedding is important. It will help guide you in decorating, party favors, colors and other small details. The wedding theme can also say alot about you as a couple. I want our love and personalities to show through on our special day... So I am so happy that we get to make the decisions!

I bought these!!
Our wedding theme is going to be the BEACH. We both love going to the beach. We love to lay out and tan. We  both can't swim, so we really just go there for the beach! For those that know me, they know I love all things seashells. I love the breeze, the smell and the sun! It is going to be a summer wedding, so why not have it outside, right? Our wedding will be decorated with seashell garlands, seashell center pieces, seashell party favors... and even seashell chocolates! My only concern is that my color scheme, which is white and red, might throw it off.  Most seashell decor I found are blue and white.I chose them because they are classic wedding colors. I love the contrast of red and white. I love red lilies and white hydrangeas! Oh somehow, I will make the red and white work under the beach theme. :)

Our guests will be asked to come in beach/summer dresses, khakis and linen shirts (relaxed but yet clean attire). After all, it will be hot outside. Honey will be wearing a white linen blazer and khakis. I am still going to wear a gorgeous wedding gown despite the hot weather. I will also be wearing it at the reception too. I am not going to buy a reception dress because I want to be in my gown all day!

Our love is our paradise!! 
Another reason why I chose this theme is because we are going to the Sandals Resort in St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We booked a honeymoon suite with an oceanfront view, private pool and butler service. We will be there for 6 nights. Guess what else is amazing? Our dear friend, R&A, who is also getting married this summer, is going at the same time we are. Or should I say we are going at the same time they are! Thanks guys for asking us to join you. We are staying at different Sandals resorts, but we plan to meet up for dinner, maybe a couple of activities and best of all (that drove me to say YES) we are going to take each other's pictures. I want lots of pictures. Whenever we go on trips, we always have to ask strangers to take our pictures or we are taking pictures of each other only.. I am going to take my brother's professional camera and take couple pictures. I also plan to bring my wedding dress there too for the pictures. How gorgeous to be in my wedding dress and on the beach too! So yes, I will be wearing my wedding dress more than once! :) We are also going to do a private ceremony in St. Lucia for us.

Most of all, I just feel so happy and lucky to have found such a wonderful guy. Never have I met anyone who loves me so much, keeps me so positive and helps me to be a better person each and everyday.

I love this... but red.
He loves chocolate and sweets just as much as I do. We are crazy about ice cream and desserts, which mean we will have a wide selection of desserts at our wedding reception. I plan to have a whole table dedicated to desserts; cookies, brownies, cheesecakes, pies, ice cream and cake.

Our food selection also screams, US, Asian foods. We love love Asian food... We are integrating Vietnamese and Hmong food together. I have requested such things as spring rolls and lotus root salad while he has requested purple sticky rice and Hmong sausage. Yes, we are driving to PA with a cooler full of Hmong sausages. These things don't have much to do with the beach theme... but it's okay. I'll make an exception, so I can be satisfied with dinner. I'll make up for it by eating plenty of seafood in St. Lucia.

Leave us a message!
This morning, we discussed what is the next step in our wedding planning. Invitations! I think I will be making it.... all because I want to. :) I want to personalize it myself. I have a pretty great idea... so STAY TUNE! I am hoping to get it done by the end of February.

Lastly, I want to share this activity that I will have at my wedding, MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE. The guests will write advice(s) or a message to us, put it in the bottle with sand and seashells. We will open and read one every wedding anniversary. I have yet to order the kits. They are sitting in my shopping cart at the moment along with monogrammed wine bottle labels and the red/white pearls.

Our wedding is not going to be very traditional. We are not doing it the Hmong or the Vietnamese way. We are doing it the Duong and Mor Chia way. I am very Thankful that both our parents are not pressuring us to do otherwise.
BTW, GO TEBOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment